Monday, November 15, 2010

Three Things to Do to Ace a Job Interview

Interviewers are experts at watching and listening to job candidates and deciding which ones to hire. Here is what a few top interviewers had to say when asked what makes a good interview.


Communication
• “Attitude is the most important thing. If I don’t see a good attitude, nothing else matters.”
• “Shake my hand and say you’ve been looking forward to meeting me. Show confidence.”
Research My Company
• “Show me that you’ve spent time learning about my company. It separates the strong candidates from others.”
• “Do your homework and let me know why mine is the job you want. I’m not looking for people who will take anything they can get.
Resume
• “Show me you can organize your thoughts by giving me a factual, easy-to-understand resume. I don’t have the time or the patience for a lot of fluff.”
• “Translate your background and skills into the job I have available. It’s not my job to find a fit for you in the company.”

No comments: